Friday, June 25, 2010

All the right things, in all the right places...

I love Camila's "fluffy" butt.
We miss daddy, although he has only been gone one day. I never realized how much I talk to him. How boring I am without him....who do I make myself a fool for that will still love me?...oh Camila, yes.

This morning I went to breakfast with a friend, along with her 3 year old daughter, Kaitlyn. We went to Panera bread. Not much to report.
So I drive a big white suburban, hard to miss on the road right? Well, I guess not. Some jerk was merging lanes, I was in the middle lane. He was in a white tacoma. Apparently he didnt see me. Maybe he wanted a tacoma suburban hybrid. Either way, I noticed it, and started slowing down, in hopes he wouldn't follow through. So when it came time to slam on my breaks, it wasnt a jolt. I honked forever until I annoyed him. I have a 4month old baby, and a 3 year old in the back! Kristen, my friend was in the front with me. I had a little anxiety attack, and told her I was sorry, and I was trying to hold back my tears. Thats the first time something like that has happened to me with Camila in the car, and someone else's child.

Ok, off to watch the Chile vs. Spain match.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Paula - I CANNOT stand when people do that. I mean, it ticks me off when I'm by myself driving, but it infuriates me when my kids are with me. I do the EXACT same thing you did. Honk for a good 20 seconds and yell about what a jerk they are and "how do you not see there are young children riding with me????" GOSH!

    The best way to get someone to notice that they're a complete idiot and terrible driver is by smiliing with a huge cheesy grin and giving them a thumbs up as you're honking your horn. Surprisingly, it makes them more upset than if you were to give them the finger (which, i shamefully admit to doing way too many times in my life).

    I'm glad you're all okay. It's times like that where I'm unsure if I want to drive ever again. There's only so much you can do for yours and your children's safety on the road. It's a real shame people aren't more mindful of others.

    ReplyDelete